[lttng-dev] Inappropriate ioctl for device error

Jonathan Rajotte Julien Jonathan.rajotte-julien at efficios.com
Mon Mar 16 13:21:24 EDT 2015

Hey Neil,

On 2015-03-16 07:22 AM, Neil Bryan wrote:
> What distribution are you on?
>
> The kernel-version is:
>
> Linux socfpga_cyclone5 3.10.31-ltsi-05082-g018fe6c #1 SMP Fri Mar 13 16:38:52 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

We noticed that you had multiple lttng-modules recipes, could you do a
modinfo on one of the .ko generated on the yocto build?

find /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ | grep lttng | head -n 1 | xargs modinfo

It is best to have only one version installed to minimize version
incompatibility between LTTng component.

> Lttng version is:
>
> root at socfpga_cyclone5:~# lttng --version
> lttng (LTTng Trace Control) 2.4.0 - Époque Opaque
>
> I am using this version because it is the version included as a recipe in the Yocto Daisy distribution for the Altera SoCFPGA.
Is it possible to share it with us (url/file) ?

> As I am five hours or so in front of you guys, I shall try and get a build working with the latest version of LTTng (2.6.0), but I am not a bitbake/yocto expert

Neither am I :P. Looks like you can find up-to-date recipe here [1] .
You could also try their mailing list for help.

[1] http://packages.yoctoproject.org/rrs/recipes/1.8/M4/

> And each time I try to change something, I end up with a whole raft of new problems to solve.

Let us know what happen.

Cheers!

Jonathan