[lttng-dev] how to generate CTF metadata

Dominik Taborsky bremby at seznam.cz
Sun Mar 15 17:25:43 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am working on a project that involves generating CTF metadata, but I
am unsure about how to proceed. I am not sure about how to get
information about types, i.e. their size, signedness, alignment and
possibly other. I know this information can be gathered from DWARF. Is
that the primary way to do this? Is there any other, reasonable way? Can
you point me at some code that does this? How does the LTTng linux
kernel module work?

Thanks.

Dominik