[lttng-dev] LTTng timestamp from NTP ( Network transfer protocol)

Francis Giraldeau francis.giraldeau at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 15:46:07 EDT 2015

> On 2015-03-09 01:45 PM, Jérémie Galarneau wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure about Trace Compass, cc-ing Alexandre Montplaisir.
>>

> Trace Compass can correlate traces taken on different hosts by using
> network events between them. See
> http://archive.eclipse.org/tracecompass/doc/org.eclipse.
> tracecompass.doc.user/Trace-synchronization.html
>
> For more simple use cases, it's also possible to offset a trace manually
> by specifying a value:
> http://archive.eclipse.org/tracecompass/doc/org.eclipse.
> tracecompass.doc.user/Time-offsetting.html

As an additional note, if the virtual machines do not exchanges packets,
then you could use the vmsync modules to trigger required events for
synchronization [1]. It is still experimental, but it provides high
precision clock synchronization (~1us) for KVM on x86.

Cheers,

Francis

[1] http://www.journalofcloudcomputing.com/content/3/1/23