[lttng-dev] LTTng 2.6.0: Corrupt metadata?

Neil Bryan Neil.Bryan at ttp.com
Thu Mar 5 08:58:37 EST 2015

From my first post:
If I try and parse recovered traces using Babeltrace, it fails with a segmentation fault.
nbryan at meteorubuntu-OptiPlex-7010:/data/nbryan/Meteor/altera_trace$ babeltrace --help
BabelTrace Trace Viewer and Converter 1.0.0-rc1

nbryan at meteorubuntu-OptiPlex-7010:/data/nbryan/Meteor/altera_trace$ babeltrace auto-20150304-091109/
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
I downloaded, built and installed this version:
nbryan at meteorubuntu-OptiPlex-7010:/data/nbryan/Meteor/altera_trace$ babeltrace --help
BabelTrace Trace Viewer and Converter 1.2.4
And it now parses the captured traces. This is interesting as maybe the metadata is well-formed after all!
I shall now investigate the Eclipse-side of things.