[lttng-dev] cds_lfht_resize() and QSBR

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Mon Jul 27 13:12:03 EDT 2015

Hi Eugene,

It's fine to use both lfht resize and destroy from URCU QSBR, because
we explicitly mark the threads "offline" (saving the old state),
and restore the original state, at the beginning and end of those
functions.

However, calls to cds_lfht_resize() and cds_lfht_destroy are considered
as an explicit quiescent state in URCU QSBR, therefore, don't expect
your RCU read-side critical section to extend across those 2 calls.