[lttng-dev] Enabling Syscalls LTTng v2.5.1

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Thu Jul 9 10:36:57 EDT 2015

On Jul 9, 2015 9:23 AM, "Dilong Zheng" <Dilong.Zheng at mitel.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeremie,
>

> I am attempting to enable syscalls by doing: lttng enable-event -a -k
--syscall but I am received a warning: "Warning: Kernel events already
enabled". From searching online, I read that the warning is just a UI issue
and doesn't actually

Can you provide a link to this?
Have you tried with the latest 2.5.x release?

Thanks,
Jérémie

affect the functionality of LTTng; that the syscalls are actually being
enabled. However when viewing the kernel trace inside TraceCompass or
Tracealyzer I do barely ever see any system calls. The only syscalls that
appear if any are almost always "clone". I am currently using Fedora 22,
x86 architecture. Be great to get some insight regarding the warning and
what I could be doing better to see syscalls by enabling the event. Thanks
for your help.