[lttng-dev] Lttng 2.6 relayd hanged

kranthi kumar kranthi.vskp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 17:32:12 EDT 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

  We are using Lttng 2.6

  We are using Lttng for tracing across multiple systems.

  We have a relayd running on a remote-host with several system(4) with 2
active sessions each, generating traces towards this remote-host.

  After running for 2-3 days, we observed that the tracing systems
restarted and the sessions are killed.

  However we observed sockets of relayd in ESTABLISHED state.  We also
verified that ps command showing relayd active. From “netstat –tanp” we
confirmed that relayd is listening on default port.

 When we tried to establish new sessions and start streaming towards this
relayd from our trace generating systems(all 4 one at a time) again, all
the systems hanged indefinitely without showing any error messages.

The only way to recover our trace generating systems is to restart the
relayd on remote host.  If you restart the relayd and then create new
sessions, streaming can be started again.

Please let us know if this is a known issue.

BR

Kranthi.