[lttng-dev] lttng-tracer missing

Neil Bryan Neil.Bryan at ttp.com
Thu Feb 19 09:44:18 EST 2015

On 02/19/2015 03:02 AM, Neil Bryan wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
>
> Thank you for the prompt response. I have fixed the kernel tracing problem and indeed your diagnosis was accurate.

I'm glad to have helped, but...

> Step 4) Within the recipe
> ~/yocto/meta/recipes-kernel/lttng-2.0/lttng-modules_2.0.5.bb
>
> Change the following lines:
>
> SRCREV = "4d3e89e379fc66480d729abe8daa5c86eb585400"
> PV = "2.0.pre11+git${SRCREV}"

> SRCREV = "497051bdaa2b09c77860eb3be4f93fc4975e388e"
> PV = "2.0.pre12+git${SRCREV}"
>
> The SRCREV is now pointing at the commit checksum and the package revision is now 2.0.pre12.

This is still very old... I should have been more explicit earlier: you should try to use version 2.5.x or later (both modules and tools) in order to get help with runtime issues here.

I see. My concern is that, at this stage, I am stuck with version 3.7 of the kernel. I shall try modifying the bitbake recipe to pick up more recent versions of modules and tools, but this could send me into a different world of pain (I am new to Yocto and LTTng integration).

My plan is to migrate to a much more recent version of kernel and LTTng when my confidence increases, but Altera provide a snapshot of the Yocto sources and at the moment I am not brave enough to wander too far away from that.