[lttng-dev] Babel trace is throwing error while trying with -i lttng-live option

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Fri Feb 13 09:49:20 EST 2015

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 12:47 AM, Ranganadh Kanitmahanti <
ranganadh1991 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> [error] Unexpected end of packet. Either the trace data stream is
> corrupted or metadata description does not match data layout.
> [error] Reading event failed.
> Error printing trace.

> Can any body tell about this significance. I have seen a similar bug
> resolved Bug #686: stream parser should have a clearer error message when
> encountering cross-packet fields - Babeltrace - LTTng bugs repository
> <https://bugs.lttng.org/issues/686>
> Can anybody tell in which version the fix was released.

The fix only clarifies the error message. The corrupted stream probably
can't be handled by Babeltrace anymore at that point. To answer your
question, that fix was introduced in v1.1.2 and is part of all v1.2.x
releases.

Can you give us more information to reproduce the problem? Which version of
LTTng-Tools and Babeltrace are you using?

Thanks,
Jérémie

> Bug #686: stream parser should have a clearer error message when
> encountering cross-packet fields -... <https://bugs.lttng.org/issues/686>
> Redmine
> View on bugs.lttng.org <https://bugs.lttng.org/issues/686>
> Preview by Yahoo