[lttng-dev] LTTng trace files organize

Jeffrey Chen cpthk at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 15 15:19:40 EST 2015

We need to read the traces while trace session is still running. We set the max-file-size. When LTTng rollover to the next trace file, we would want to read the old traces from the old trace files. If LTTng separate the traces per CPU core, time T traces might be at the first trace file of CPU 1, but at 6th trace file of CPU 3. It is much harder for use to search for traces, when each CPU core writes their own trace files. We will need to do extra processing to search for the traces at time T for each CPU core's trace files.