[lttng-dev] Composition of objects and call_rcu() inside helper thread

Eugene Ivanov Eugene.Ivanov at orc-group.com
Mon Dec 7 10:09:38 EST 2015

Hi,

I have rculfhash which contains objects with rculfhashes. When I destruct “big” map it uses call_rcu() for every item. When internal hashes are destructed they use call_cu() too. It seems that to wait until everything is destructed I need two barriers at the end of the big hash destructor. But how can someone handle deeper hierarchy? Is there any way to determine that it is helper thread to not use call_rcu() and destruct everything in place?

Best regards,
Eugene Ivanov

This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended only for the addressees. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message from your system.