[lttng-dev] 32-bit application crash

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Mon Aug 10 11:51:51 EDT 2015

----- On Aug 10, 2015, at 11:34 AM, Anand Neeli <anand.neeli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jam,
> You might be seeing this crash as c++ support may not there for tracepoint
> probes.
> Seen this note while going through bugfixes in 2.7
> https://github.com/lttng/lttng-ust/commit/c87d0ff28731aa18660cbb076e69ed7677dea3d2

> "- Note for C++ support: although an application instrumented with
>    tracepoints can be compiled with g++, tracepoint probes should be
>    compiled with gcc (only tested with gcc so far)."
> But you are seeing this only when using g++ with 32-bit apps. 64-bit apps
> compiled g++ dont crash.
> Would be good if experts comment here.

Hi Anand (a.k.a. Jamie),

Experts would comment this:

1) It is not a good practice to reply to yourself through two email accounts on
lttng-dev.

2) You have been repeatedly told that you appear to need enterprise level support
for the kind of questions you are asking. But instead of following this advice,
you now post from a pseudonym.

I restate the recommendation about asking EfficiOS for LTTng enterprise
support.

Thank you,