[lttng-dev] [GIT PULL v3] Accounting packet lost and discarded events at runtime

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Sun Aug 2 11:38:25 EDT 2015

----- On Aug 1, 2015, at 11:41 PM, Julien Desfossez jdesfossez at efficios.com wrote:

> This patchset is composed of commits in lttng-tools, lttng-ust and
> lttng-modules, it allows the sessiond, to report to the user the
> discarded events (when a channel is in discard mode) or the lost packets
> (when a channel is in overwrite mode).
>
> Please pull from:
> https://github.com/jdesfossez/lttng-tools-dev/tree/seqnum
> a312e89 Store the instance id and packet_seq_num in indexes
> e40456e kernctl commands to extract the stream instance id
> 53d9b1d Account the lost packets in snapshot mode
> 17d0d29 Display discarded and lost events at destroy and stop
> 291246b Extract the lost packets and discarded events counters
> 0965b2f Metadata for instance_id and packet_seq_num
> a0badfd Reference pointers from ust_app_chan to parent structs
> 082f79d Explicitly stop the session on lttng destroy
>
> https://github.com/jdesfossez/lttng-modules-dev/tree/seqnum
> fa326dd Add stream instance id to the packet header
> cf556ea Add a packet sequence number

Just merged those two commits into lttng-modules master.
They don't have locked-step requirements with tools.

> https://github.com/jdesfossez/lttng-ust-dev/tree/seqnum
> 66eb100 Export the stream instance ID
> 72d75d7 Generate and export the sequence number
> 885e9ba Add stream instance id to the packet header

Reviewed those commits. At this point, after taking care of
the last comments, each should have my acked-by. However, those
need to wait until Jeremie can review the tools changes, because
those need to be done in locked-step.

Are there any changes required in Babeltrace associated with the
new packet context fields ?