[lttng-dev] Source code of tracepoint

Chandru Mohan chandru.dav at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 11:19:47 EDT 2015

Can someone point to the source code of tracepoint in LTTng ? Basically i
would like to understand how the applications communicate with the consumer
daemon and how the traces are being sent by the application.

I could find a definition in tracepoint.h
define tracepoint(provider, name, ...) \

do {                                    \
    STAP_PROBEV(provider, name, ## __VA_ARGS__);            \
    if (caa_unlikely(__tracepoint_##provider##___##name.state)) \
        __tracepoint_cb_##provider##___##name(__VA_ARGS__); \
} while (0)

but could not map it to the exact definition. Kindly provide me your
suggestions.