[lttng-dev] major variations in perfomance figures

Wolfgang Rostek wolfgang.rostek at gmx.de
Fri Apr 3 10:47:30 EDT 2015

Hi Jérémie,

thanks for your feedback.

I've added only a loop to the end of the demo programm.

Frequence scaling I can't imagine on my dektop machine.
It is a jump between 350ns and 800ns. In the loop below
all the events of one test run are of equal time distance,
either slow or fast.

Wolfgang R.

https://github.com/lttng/lttng-ust/blob/master/doc/examples/demo/demo.c
tracepoint(ust_tests_demo, starting, 123);
for (i = 0; i < 5; i++) {
netint = htonl(i);
tracepoint(ust_tests_demo2, loop, i, netint, values,
text, strlen(text), dbl, flt);
}
tracepoint(ust_tests_demo, done, 456);
tracepoint(ust_tests_demo3, done, 42);