[lttng-dev] Live reading without using disk

Matthew Khouzam matthew.khouzam at ericsson.com
Wed Sep 17 11:10:32 EDT 2014

Hi,

One way is to connect directly to the LTTng Relayd. I believe Julien
Desfossez can comment better than me, but I think LTTngtop does not use
the disk so it can be a nice starting point. If java is more your thing,
TMF (soon to be tracecompass, hopefully?) has connectors to the relayd
that can be re-used too.

IMO:
if you want pretty graphs in a UI, tmf is the way to go
pretty graphs saved as pngs, python with relayd is a nice alternative
real time monitoring, just use lttngtop, and extend it!

BR,
Matthew