[lttng-dev] Userspace privilage

Manikandan Govindaswamy magov at vestas.com
Fri Sep 12 17:33:29 EDT 2014

Hi !

We have a busybox version target and starting the lttng on root privilege.

The kernel traces  works fine and we could get all the traces, we have application which needs root privilege to start some part of services and also has tracepoints in it, so have to run my application from root ( part of tracing group).

When I start the another tracing from an user account who is part of tracing group, if I run the lttng list, it opens a new session for the user?

So could not possible to see the user space tracepoints which I've started from root( though it's part of tracing group).

If the user also part of tracing group then the session started by root should have been used by the user trace list, and possible to see the tracepoints or not?

Regards,
GMK.