[lttng-dev] URCU use cases

Ilya Mirsky ilya.mirsky at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 04:34:24 EDT 2014

Hi,

Studying the API of URCU it seems that it's mostly intended for link-based
data structures, such a lists. Suppose I have a large struct that is often
accessed by many readers, and some writers that occasionally update few
fields each time. If I understand correctly, using URCU, the writers would
have to make a copy of the struct on each write, make the changes, and then
publish the updated version. This is wasteful for small updates to a large
struct.

Am I missing something here? Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks,
Ilya