[lttng-dev] A kind of farewell :)

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Sat Oct 25 15:14:37 EDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM, David Goulet <dgoulet at efficios.com> wrote:
> Greetings everyone!
>
> This email is to announce that I will be leaving EfficiOS Inc. on
> November 1st 2014 thus *not* working full time anymore on the LTTng
> project.
>
> <dreamy paragraph>
>
> I've been involved for 5 years in the project of which 4 years
> maintaining the lttng-tools code base so rest assure it's with some
> sadness that I'm leaving. I'll be tackling new challenges that hopefully
> will include a LTTng component :).
>
> </dreamy paragraph>
>
> For now, I will still act as the maintainer but a transition has
> started. Jérémie Galarneau (jgalar) will be co-maintainer until he feels
> confident to take on the responsabilities alone :). Now the only one
> question remains, is Jérémie up to the challenge?! :P

Haha, yeah, those are big shoes to fill! I should come up with my own
dreamy paragraph to tearfully accept the responsibility...
Hopefully we'll make the transition as smooth as possible for everyone. :-)

> In all seriousness, it's a blast to work on LTTng and rest assure, I
> will still be around the LTTng community for a long time!

You better be! ;-)

In all seriousness, thanks for all the work and efforts you've put
into the project over the years. Your feedback (and patches!) will
always be welcome.

Let's keep this (release) train rolling!
Jérémie

> Thanks to everyone that I had the chance to work and collaborate with,
> it has been an immense pleasure for me. I will certainly miss your well
> (NOT) formatted patches and one liner bug reports! :P
>
> Remember, LTTng all comes down to this debug output that I added 4 years
> ago (and that segfault also on me... :):
>
>         DEBUG1 - [27854/27854]: *** assert failed :-) *** ==> Matthew, BEET
>         driven development works!
>
> Cheers!
> David

Jérémie Galarneau