[lttng-dev] health check and relaunch of lttng daemons

Anand Neeli anand.neeli at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 03:07:40 EDT 2014

Hi All,
I have few queries related to notifications when lttng daemons die and
their spawning and health-check

- When relayd dies then sessiond gets error of connection reset, but it
doesnt try to reconnect to relayd again. It just lies on system without
being functional.

- on a system with multiple nodes, relayd can be spawned on any node. Is
there a way for the sessiond to discover or get relayd IP-address. (Again
in case relayd dies and gets spawned on different node, then sessiond has
to discover and re-connect)

- How is the health_check used. Is it deprecated? coz in lttng.h i see
extern LTTNG_DEPRECATED("This call is now obsolete.")
int lttng_health_check(enum lttng_health_component c);

If health_check can be used for relayd and sessiond?
Can anyone provide more pointers or example code for health check?

- it becomes really important to get notification/signal from relayd, so
that software can be added to respawn sessiond.
please let me know if there is anyway of doing this.

Thanks,
Anand Neeli