[lttng-dev] btrfs tracepoint oddity

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Oct 16 09:48:42 EDT 2014

   Something odd happens when I build lttng-modules (2.5.0-9) with an enriched linux-headers package (I added the btrfs, ext3, and ext4 file system headers from the Linux source): one of the btrfs events has a strange name.

$ sudo -H lttng list -k
[...]
btrfs_ordered_extent_start
btrfs_ordered_extent_put
__extent_writepage
btrfs_writepage_end_io_hook
btrfs_sync_file
[...]

   This can be traced to include/trace/events/btrfs.h (in the Linux kernel source), which has:

[...]
DEFINE_EVENT(btrfs__writepage, __extent_writepage,
[...]

instead of

[...]
DEFINE_EVENT(btrfs__writepage, btrfs_extent_writepage,
[...]

   This is a minor annoyance (it does not impede LTTng from functioning) that I suppose needs to be handled upstream?  No other kernel tracepoint seems to have an out-of-joint name.

Daniel U. Thibault
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) | Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) | Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
RDDC - Centre de recherches de Valcartier | DRDC - Valcartier Research Centre
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245
Fax : (418) 844-4538
NAC : 918V QSDJ <http://www.travelgis.com/map.asp?addr=918V%20QSDJ>
Gouvernement du Canada | Government of Canada
<http://www.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/>