[lttng-dev] avoid ust_libc traces

Philippe Proulx eeppeliteloop at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 21:34:41 EDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Anand Neeli <anand.neeli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I see that  ust_libc:malloc, ust_libc:free, ust_libc:calloc tracepoints
> appear a lot in my traces.
> I think these appear when  malloc/calloc/free is done in my app.
> Is there a way to disable them from logging?

Those tracepoints are added by the C standard library UST helper
(see <http://lttng.org/docs/#doc-liblttng‑ust‑libc‑pthread-wrapper>).

What's strange in your situation is that, however the helper is preloaded,
its events are enabled at some point. This could happen if you enable
all user space events:

    lttng enable-event --userspace '*'

If you're doing this, you may exclude the unwelcome helper tracepoints
using the `--exclude` option:

    lttng enable-event --userspace '*' --exclude 'ust_libc:*'

Hope it helps,
Phil