[lttng-dev] Does LTTng UST support ARM?

Alexandre Montplaisir alexmonthy at voxpopuli.im
Fri May 30 14:55:30 EDT 2014

On 05/30/2014 04:53 AM, Hongbo Zhang wrote:
> Thank you Jan.
> Encouraged by the truth that LTTng UST does work on ARM, I paid more
> efforts and run it on my ARM board at last.
>
> I am using a Ubuntu on my board, and I installed lttng-ust and
> userspace-rcu from source codes, but installed lttng-tools by apt-get
> command(the babeltrace was also included I think), the reason I failed to
> trace the lttng-tools from apt-get doesn't work and even doesn't give any
> suggestive output.
> Then I re-installed lttng-tools and babeltrace from source codes again,
> then everything works :)

You need to use lttng-ust and lttng-tools (and lttng-modules if you use
the kernel tracer) from the same release branch. So everything needs to
be 2.4.x, or everything 2.3.x, etc.

If you compiled lttng-ust 2.4 from source, but the distro package
installed lttng-tools let's say 2.2, it's expected that they wouldn't
work. :)  However I'd suppose some sort of user-friendly message should
be printed if incompatible versions are used together.

Cheers,
Alexandre