[lttng-dev] lttng-ust missing tracepoints

Gerlando Falauto gerlando.falauto at keymile.com
Fri May 16 04:14:37 EDT 2014

Hi,

following up on my own mail:

On 05/15/2014 07:39 PM, Gerlando Falauto wrote:
[...]

> If I put an additional tracef() call exactly where my tracepoint is
> located, this gets traced without a problem. So the infrastructure
> should be all working in my opinion.

I repeated my test by compiling the same tracepoint provider directly on
the target, and linking it to a no-brainer main(), whose body simply
calls tracepoint() and tracef(). And I now get the opposite result!

Now tracepoint() requests are perfectly recorded, whereas tracef() is
nowhere to be seen.

Any hints?
Thank you!
Gerlando