[lttng-dev] babeltrace

Alexandre Montplaisir alexmonthy at voxpopuli.im
Thu May 8 11:53:08 EDT 2014

> To avoid doing a complete first pass of the trace, you can just
> iterate on the event types as described in the metadata, and take note
> of all the possible field you can find in the trace. Then, during your
> only pass, you already know all your "columns".

That's true. Although right now TMF doesn't have an API to ask a trace
"give me all the event types you have", other than just reading the
trace ;)

wrt CTF, it's possible to have events in the metadata that don't
actually show up in the trace. But that's not really a problem, at worst
you'd end up with empty columns.