[lttng-dev] arm gcc compile lttng-tool fail

Stefan Seefeld stefan_seefeld at mentor.com
Thu Mar 27 08:58:38 EDT 2014

On 2014-03-27 08:53, loody wrote:
> hi stefan:

>> On 2014-03-27 08:26, loody wrote:
>>> hi all:
>>> I try to compile lttng-tool for arm platform but get below message
>>>
>>>   CC     kernel-consumer.lo
>>> kernel-consumer.c: In function 'lttng_kconsumer_snapshot_
>>> channel':
>>> kernel-consumer.c:324:1: internal compiler error: in gen_movsi, at
>>> config/arm/arm.md:5680
>>>
>>> after ask gcc for help, they said this will be fixed in gcc 4.9.0
>>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2014-03/msg00107.html
>>>
>>> the stable release version of gcc is 4.8.2.
>>> Could I get the conclusion that no one can compile it for arm platform before?
>> We have been working around this GCC 4.8 bug by disabling optimization
>> on individual compilation units.
> Would you please give us a hand about how to "disabling optimization
> on individual compilation units."
> any configure option we can use?
> or pass "-O1" instead of default "-O2" in CFLAGS?

Exactly. Compiling src/common/consumer.c,
src/common/kernel-consumer/kernel-consumer.c, and
src/common/ust-consumer/ust-consumer.c with -O1 instead of -O2 worked
for us. And if you are afraid to mess with the build system, you can
also inject

  #pragma GCC optimize ("O1")

on top of those files to override the command-line optimization option.

        Stefan

--
Stefan Seefeld
CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded