[lttng-dev] Need help in UST

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Thu Mar 20 09:05:36 EDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Ningaraj Revoor <ningarajsr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Linux and i tried using Lttng on my ubuntu box(12.04),
> i have installed lttng-tools on my machine and tried using lttng.
> Kernel tracing works for me but i am not able get UST done. i have created a
> demo app and added instrumentation code for that(using lttng-gen-tp). i
> tried referring lot of online documents(followed all steps) but UST still
> not working for me.
> I am not sure what i am missing, will be helpful if you can provide pointers
> to some document which gives correct steps to follow

Hi!

You can have a look at the examples provided in lttng-ust's tree[1].

Don't hesitate to share your demo application and the commands you
used if you still can't get it to work.

Also, did you install LTTng from source or from your distro's packages?

Regards,
Jérémie

[1] https://bugs.lttng.org/projects/lttng-ust/repository/revisions/master/show/doc/examples

> Thanks,