[lttng-dev] [bug]session create failed

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Mar 19 14:00:13 EDT 2014

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:13:16 -0400
From: Jérémie Galarneau <jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com>
To: Lingyu Zhu <lynuszhu at gmail.com>

> We have been thinking of implementing some kind of "lttng teardown"
> command to kill the session daemon from the lttng client... I don't know if there really is user demand for it though.

   Most users will set up lttng-sessiond as a service (that's how it's packaged under Ubuntu).  You can then start, stop, or restart the session daemon with 'sudo service lttng-sessiond <command>'.  No need for 'lttng teardown'.  Adding the latter would be complicated because it would have to figure if it's currently set up as a service and tell the service manager not to restart it if it happens to be in respawn mode.

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 21:08:24 +0000
From: "Thibault, Daniel" <Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca>

> As late as lttng 2.3, the lttng -g option does not work.  Has it been fixed?

   Never mind, we were talking about 'lttng-sessiond -g', which works.  ('lttng -g' does not but is irrelevant here)

Daniel U. Thibault
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) | Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) | Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) | Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245