[lttng-dev] LTTng-UST and "ip" context

David OShea David.OShea at quantum.com
Mon Mar 3 17:24:55 EST 2014

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but is the "ip" context meant to be used with LTTng-UST?  I tried it out, and the address in the field pointed to the TRACEPOINT_EVENT definition in my header file, i.e. not to the tracepoint() call site.  Could this be due to the fact that I use dynamic trace providers, could it be due to my compile options, or is this only meant for kernel tracing?

This is with the following (with some minor patches, so admittedly it could be my fault) on CentOS 6:
babeltrace-1.1.2
lttng-tools-2.3.2
lttng-ust-2.3.2
userspace-rcu-0.8.3

Thanks in advance,
David

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.