[lttng-dev] [GSoc 2014] Strace replacement based on LTTng

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Mon Mar 3 11:57:21 EST 2014

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Riccardo Schirone <sirmy15 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi, i am Riccardo Schirone, an italian student interested in GSoC and in
> particular in the "Strace drop-in replacement based on LTTng" idea.
> Anyway, i would like to better understand the problem. For example, will
> i have to add features to lttng and so i need to have deep knowledge of
> process and linux system or all the features are just there and i have
> to fit them?

Hi Riccardo,

Although it should be possible to implement an strace replacement
without extensive modifications to LTTng itself, we do expect our
students to have a good understanding of Linux systems.

The pillars of this feature are already in place and Julien Desfossez
is already working on a similar utility as part of the lttngtop
project.

Regards,
Jérémie

> Thank you