[lttng-dev] LTTng on Android

Charles Brière charles.briere at polymtl.ca
Mon Jun 30 13:47:49 EDT 2014

Hi Jan,

I was part of the students working on it a year ago. We had kernel tracing
working at the time, though we had some trouble as bionic doesn't have
pthread_cancel. I think we had replaced that by a dummy pthread_kill at the
time and that is part of the reason our patches were not accepted.

I recently resent some patches for libURCU so this should not be a problem
to compile for android out of master branch, even with NDK.

I have been trying lately to get lttng-tools compiling out of NDK (faster
than checking out the whole Android tree) but there is a lot of headers
missing, most important are related to shared memory. I was about to
continue working on it, this time with the whole Android tree, but ran out
of disk space so had to postpone until I receive some more storage. I hope
I'll be able to release patches within the next month.

Cheers,
Charles