[lttng-dev] LTTng not generating trace contents

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Jul 7 14:24:46 EDT 2014

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 13:43:12 -0400
From: Shariyar <syed.shariyar at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [lttng-dev] LTTng not generating trace contents

> lttng --version,
>    lttng (LTTng Trace Control) 2.4.1 - ?poque Opaque
>
> lttng-sessiond --version
>    2.4.1
>
> I removed all LTTng packages from the system by manually searching in dpkg and reinstalled it as follows:
> sudo apt-get install lttng-tools lttng-modules-dkms babeltrace
>
> The ppa in the system is: http://ppa.launchpad.net/lttng/ppa/ubuntu

   What of the liburcu, python-lttng, liblttng-ctl0, liblttng-ctl-dev packages?  I also presume lttng-ust is not involved?  (liburcu is a prime suspect because both kernel and user-space tracing depend on it)

Daniel U. Thibault
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) | Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) | Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
RDDC - Centre de recherches de Valcartier | DRDC - Valcartier Research Centre
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245