[lttng-dev] Reusing tracepoint definition with same type of arguments but in different order

Sandeep K Chaudhary babbusandy2006 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 02:09:48 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

Is it possible to reuse a tracepoint definition for a different trace
with same type (and number) of arguments but in different order?

Specifically, if I have the arguments in the following order in the definition

        TP_ARGS(
                int, anint,
                long *, values,
                char *, text,
                double, doublearg,
                float, floatarg,
                bool, boolarg
         )

Using some technique, would this definition be directly usable for a
tracepoint with the argument order -  "long *, int, char *, double,
float, bool" or some other order for the matter?

I understand that I can always change the order appropriately
according to the definition in the trace-point insertion but I am
interested in knowing if there is a way to even avoid this. Please let
me know.

Thanks and regards,
Sandeep.