[lttng-dev] error in generation of trace files

Mariya Rampurawala mariya.r26 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 06:06:24 EST 2014

Hello,
 I'm new to lttng. I use ubuntu 13.10. While performing basic operations,
on command lttng view, i get the following error.
[error] Cannot open any trace for reading.

[error] opening trace "/home/mariya/lttng-traces/mysession-20140227-163353"
for reading.

[error] none of the specified trace paths could be opened.

the o/p of the command "lttng-sessiond --verbose" is as follows

DEBUG3: Creating LTTng run directory: /home/mariya/.lttng [in
create_lttng_rundir() at main.c:3692]
DEBUG1: Client socket path /home/mariya/.lttng/client-lttng-sessiond [in
main() at main.c:3995]
DEBUG1: Application socket path /home/mariya/.lttng/apps-lttng-sessiond [in
main() at main.c:3996]
DEBUG1: LTTng run directory path: /home/mariya/.lttng [in main() at
main.c:3997]
Error: Already running daemon.

Could you please help me solve the error and proceed with my project?