[lttng-dev] issue with lttng-tools 2.5.3 tarball release version

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Wed Dec 24 10:54:03 EST 2014

Hi Jeremie,

Just to make sure you get this when you come
back from vacation: (from #lttng on irc)

13:56 < emalape> Hi guys! I just installed lttng-tools 2.5.3 from the source
                 tarball. If I do "lttng -V" it reports a wrong version string:
                 lttng (LTTng Trace Control) heads/stable-2.5-0-g5f82d26 -
                 Fumisterie
13:56 < emalape> I think this happened before and someone recreated the tarball
                 to fix this. Would it be possible to fix again :)
13:57 < emalape> For comparison, 2.5.1 prints this: lttng (LTTng Trace Control)
                 2.5.1 - Fumisterie

I think we'll need to do a 2.5.4 lttng-tools release
to fix this mistake from the 2.5.3 release. Probably that
you need to tag your git repo before issuing make dist.