[lttng-dev] [tracecompass-dev] Unreadable traces

Matthew Khouzam matthew.khouzam at ericsson.com
Fri Dec 19 11:23:11 EST 2014

Upon further inspection/reflexion, your clock was set at 0, but you are
probably in gmt-5, so you are in 1969 according to the trace, the trace
stores the offset as an unsigned long, so it relies on a rollover. I
would suggest that this is an undocumented feature in lttng. To be more
"correct" it would be nice if the clock offset were a signed long
instead of an unsigned one, this way we can handle the rather common
case of people in the east or west coast (or anywhere west of gmt-0)
working on embedded systems where their clocks are set to 0.

Any thoughts?

Matthew