[lttng-dev] Errors compiling converted tp file

Yan Grange ygrange at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 08:56:26 EST 2014

Hi,

I can't really make out

>> However it actually works to create a header file from a tp file and compile (and run) the code. However I now get in trouble when executing:
>>
>> $ lttng list --userspace
>> Error: Unable to list UST events: Undefined command
>> Error: Command error
>>
>> So I guess something still went somewhat wrong but I can't really see what.
>>
>> Yan Grange
>
>   In order to trace user-space, you must install, in sequence, the following packages: userspace-rcu, lttng-ust, lttng-tools.  Was this done?

I tried to install the right packages but there don't seem to be packages named like that in either the ubuntu repository or the ppa provided by you.

I have the following packages installed:
lttng-tools
liblttng-ust0
liblttng-ust-dev
liblttng-ust-ctl2
liblttng-ctl0
liburcu-dev
liburcu2

With all this installed, I still don't get it to work.

Cheers

Yan Grange