[lttng-dev] [Patch lttng-modules v2] ARM: Resolve sys_unknown system calls

Jan Glauber jan.glauber at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 08:31:43 EDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 01:53:47PM +0000, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> [...]

Found the reason why pread64 and the above system calls were not available.
The culprit is SYSCALL_DEFINE which in contrast to SYSCALL_DEFINEx define
(notice the x at the end) never had the meta data included.

This was fixed accidently by Al Viro during 3.10 by killing SYSCALL_DEFINE
in favor for the SYSCALL_DEFINEx variant (which adds the meta data).

x86_64 knows these system calls, because the list was extracted after
the upstream change.

That leaves sys_recv and the sigreturns, I'll follow that up on lkml.

> The overrides should be limited to the system calls unavailable in the
> current kernel version. Please run the system call extractor on a newer
> kernel, so we can get some of the missing definitions, and then only
> provide overrides for the missing ones. Each override we add means
> an extra maintenance burden for each architecture, which we want to
> keep minimal.

I don't want to go through this cumbersome extractor script madness
again and I cannot run a newer kernel anyway. If you don't want to
take the patch I'll leave it for now.

Regards, Jan