[lttng-dev] lttng-sessiond: ht-cleanup.c:92: thread_ht_cleanup: Assertion `pollfd == ht_cleanup_pipe[0]' failed.

David Goulet dgoulet at efficios.com
Thu Apr 3 10:32:16 EDT 2014

On 20 Mar (13:54:55), Gerlando Falauto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to bring lttng-tools up to date, but I get the following message:
>
> lttng-sessiond: ht-cleanup.c:92: thread_ht_cleanup: Assertion `pollfd ==
> ht_cleanup_pipe[0]' failed.
>
> I noticed this was already filed as a bug:
> http://redmine.dorsal.polymtl.ca/issues/747
>
> I tried implementing the solution proposed on the comment:
>
> >We should add a check to see if the revent is 0 at the beginning of
> >the loop, and continue to the next loop iteration if it is the case.
>
> But this doesn't seem to help.
>
> Any suggestion?

Sorry for the delay!

An approach here to debug this would be to first compile with -O0 to
remove any optimization from the compiler (simply add this to CFLAGS in
configure.ac).

Then, have some printf() that prints the revents + pollfd at each
iteration and see why revents == 0 is not enough.

As stated in the bug report, poll() will make the loop iterate over all
fd thus this assert() is a bit hardcore considering that we didn't check
if an event was triggered before.

Please if you work on that, update the ticket so we can track the
progress! :)

Thanks!
David