[lttng-dev] subsys.h?

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Sep 24 09:35:53 EDT 2013

> >    In https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/trace/tracepoints.txt, there is prominent mention of an "include/trace/events/subsys.h".  Where is that header supposed to be?  I can't find it in either of the kernel or lttng sources.
> >

> subsys is the name of your subsystem. There is no literal subsys.h file.
>
> Jérémie

   Ah, that makes sense now.  The file should make that clear.  Perhaps change:

In order to use tracepoints, you should include linux/tracepoint.h.

In include/trace/events/subsys.h :

#undef TRACE_SYSTEM

   Into:

In order to use tracepoints, you should include linux/tracepoint.h.

In include/trace/events/<subsys>.h (where <subsys> is the kernel sub-system you want to add tracepoints to, such as 'block', 'power', or 'xen') :

#undef TRACE_SYSTEM

Daniel U. Thibault
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) | Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) | Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) | Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245
Fax : (418) 844-4538
NAC : 918V QSDJ <http://www.travelgis.com/map.asp?addr=918V%20QSDJ>
Gouvernement du Canada | Government of Canada
<http://www.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/>