[lttng-dev] [tip:timers/urgent] timekeeping: Fix HRTICK related deadlock from ntp lock changes

Ingo Molnar mingo at kernel.org
Tue Sep 17 03:07:28 EDT 2013

* Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com> wrote:

> Hi Ingo,
>
> Do you have an estimate of the time it will take for this fix to hit
> mainline, stable-3.10 and stable-3.11 ? Meanwhile, I'm marking 3.10 and
> 3.11 as broken for LTTng with a kernel version at compile-time, since
> this kernel regression currently triggers hard system lockup when people
> use LTTng on those kernels, and this is certainly something nobody
> wants.

So, at least as per the description of John, this should only trigger if
SCHED_HRTICK is enabled in sched_features - which is disabled by default,
it's a debug-only development feature. Does the bug trigger on more
regular kernels as well?

I planned to send it Linus after v3.12-rc1, in the next day or two.

Thanks,

	Ingo