[lttng-dev] LTTng project development activities September 2013

Christian Babeux christian.babeux at efficios.com
Tue Sep 10 15:09:15 EDT 2013

Hi lttng-aficionados,

August 2013 summary:

- Stable release for 2.3 (Dominus Vobiscum) : the snapshots and crash
handler are the new features for this version. See announcement [1]
for more information.

- Bug tracker cleanup has been done. Thanks to all participants.

- Minor releases:

lttng-tools 2.2.4

On-going work:

- We are currently starting the development cycle for 2.4 (codename
unknown at this moment, see thread [2]). This release will contain the
live streaming/viewing of traces and also a Java Util Logging (JUL)
backend using UST. We are aiming for a release candidate in November.

- David Goulet is currently working on the JUL backend using UST. This
feature will be part of the 2.4 release.

- Julien Desfossez is currently working on live streaming. This
feature will be part of the 2.4 release.

- Jérémie Galarneau has finished the implementation/testing of the
Common Trace Format
(CTF) writer in the Babeltrace codebase. You can see the pending
patches here [3].
This feature will probably end up in Babeltrace 1.2.

- Christian Babeux is currently working on a Nexus to CTF traces converter.

- Our GSoC student, Zifei Tong, is currently working on adding dynamic
tracing capabilities to lttng-tools/ust. Early patches for comments
have been sent [4].

Thanks,

Christian

[1] - http://lttng.org/lttng-toolchain-230-out