[lttng-dev] Request information on "Live" view of traces

Amit Margalit AMITM at il.ibm.com
Tue Sep 10 06:45:36 EDT 2013

Hi,

> The 2.4 release will include a major upgrade in the lttng-relayd to
> support live trace viewing.
> The trace viewers will be able to connect to a new TCP port on the relay
> to list the tracing sessions currently established, attach to a session,
> receive all the streams for this session, and then ask for metadata and
> trace packets.

Is relayd going to be the only way that a viewer can achieve this?

I'm actually only interested in having libbabeltrace be able to read the
trace up to the last valid event at a specific time, and not interested in
"live" viewing of the events as they happen.

Thanks,

Amit Margalit
IBM XIV - Storage Reinvented
XIV-NAS Development Team