[lttng-dev] UST - Is it possible to merge my source file and the tracepoint file?

Amit Margalit AMITM at il.ibm.com
Mon Oct 21 09:16:30 EDT 2013

Hi,

Consider the following situation:

I wrote a header (lttng_tp_hdr.h) containing several tracepoints, matching
some locations I want to instrument in one of my source files (let's call
it source.c). I created a C file for this header (lttng_tp_src.c) and
compiled it into object. I then compiled source.c into source.o and I link
the two objects together.

This is the standard work mode.

Now I want to automate this procedure, which will cause me to generate new
C files, and new headers for many of my sources.

How can I rewrite my source.c so it contains everything I need?

Thanks,

Amit Margalit
IBM XIV - Storage Reinvented
XIV-NAS Development Team