[lttng-dev] Experimental ready-to-use TMF

Geneviève Bastien gbastien+lttng at versatic.net
Fri Oct 18 14:30:43 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Here at École Polytechnique, many people are working on new features for
the Eclipse viewer (TMF): some are prototypes, some are under review for
inclusion in coming releases.  I'm keeping a branch of all the students'
work until they are accepted into TMF.  It is experimental, the code is
not necessarily "clean", it may eat up all your java memory, it may
throw exceptions, but it is there to test.

Git branch:
http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/~gbastien?p=linuxtools-tmf.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/luna_dorsal
<http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/%7Egbastien?p=linuxtools-tmf.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/luna_dorsal>

And thanks to the TMF team's effort to bring TMF to the still nameless
non-Eclipse Rich Client Platform (aka traceviewer), these features we're
working on are now one archive away from your mouse pointer.  Just
download the archive for your system, extract it, cd to the traceviewer
directory, execute traceViewer and voilà!

Ready-to-use archives:
http://secretaire.dorsal.polymtl.ca/~gbastien/TracingRCP/
<http://secretaire.dorsal.polymtl.ca/%7Egbastien/TracingRCP/>

See the readme for documentation on available features, how to use them
and how to get examples

As of now, the new analysis are:

1- Lttng kernel trace execution graph and critical path computation
2- Xml-defined state systems and views
3- Virtual Machines experiments

Feedback are welcome and enjoy!

Geneviève Bastien