[lttng-dev] lttng start error

Zheng Da zhengda1936 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 12:32:36 EDT 2013

Hello,

I just started to use lttng. I use Ubuntu 12.04 and the kernel version
3.8.12. I use a customized kernel, so the lttng package in ubuntu
can't be installed correctly. I built lttng 2.0 myself.

Then I followed the steps in https://lttng.org/quickstart. When I run
lttng start, I got the errors:
root at ubuntu:~# lttng start
PERROR: sendmsg: Bad file descriptor [in lttcomm_send_unix_sock() at
sessiond-comm.c:311]
PERROR: send consumer channel: Bad file descriptor [in
send_kconsumer_session_streams() at main.c:636]
PERROR: ioctl start session: No buffer space available [in
kernel_start_session() at kernel.c:397]
Error: Starting kernel trace failed

Someone said in the mailing list that this problem may have something
to do with memory limit. But it shouldn't be my case as my machine has
512GB memory.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks,
Da