[lttng-dev] linking c++ with shared object tracepoints

Aryeh Weinreb weinrea at gmail.com
Thu May 30 04:51:15 EDT 2013

Hi there,

I am trying to link c++ code with c compiled tracepoints.
It works when I link directly but when I put the tracepoints in a
dynamic lib first I get an undefined reference to "tracepoint_dlopen".
Is supported to link c++ code with c compiled tracepoints put it a dynamic lib?

When I remove the hidden attribute from tracepoint_dlopen in
lttng/tracepoint.h it links okay.
What is the reason for declaring it hidden in the first place? Is it
safe to remove it?

Thanks,
aryeh