[lttng-dev] LTTNG on Android ICS

Ionut D. ionut5001 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 01:32:01 EDT 2013

Hello all,

Recently I started to integrate LTTNG in Android ICS by compiling each
package, each dependency, by using the Android build system. It is a lot of
work because I met different problems and to be sincere, I do not know if
at the end will work and I do not know how much I will need to modify the
sources in order to work.

My questions are about this integration. I mention that I read a lot of
discussions about this on Internet, on this mailing list, but the things
are still not very clear for me.

It is ok? what I am trying to do ? to integrate and build by using the
Android build system.
Could you give me some guidelines, indications about how I should proceed,
maybe a tutorial or maybe some android make files/patches that would help
me to see how the job must be done and if I am doing it right ?

Until now I managed to build lttng-modules, liburcu, libuuid from
util-linux and configure lttng-ust by using the android toolchain for arm.
I got a lot of errors but until now I managed to configure/make these
packages.

I mention that I am trying to build lttng 2.x on ICS 4.0.3.

Would be great if you will give me a tutorial about how to do it.

Ionut