[lttng-dev] UST context causes empty trace

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Sat May 11 23:08:02 EDT 2013

Yes, it's broken here too. Can you open a bug report against UST please?

it looks like those are missing when we enable UST contexts:

libust[26034/26049]: Sent register channel notification: chan_id 0, header_type 1
 (in ustcomm_register_channel() at lttng-ust-comm.c:1053)
[...]
libust[26034/26034]: Sent register event notification for name "ust_tests_hello:tptest": ret_code 0, event_id 0
 (in ustcomm_register_event() at lttng-ust-comm.c:948)
libust[26034/26034]: Sent register event notification for name "ust_tests_hello:tptest_sighandler": ret_code 0, event_id 1
 (in ustcomm_register_event() at lttng-ust-comm.c:948)

(I get those in a run where I don't enable any UST context, but not in
the problematic case)

the rest seems to be there when launching the app with LTTNG_UST_DEBUG=1
env var set. So it looks like an issue within UST.