[lttng-dev] Creating a CTF-File

Andre Bette andreb at stud.fh-dortmund.de
Tue May 7 11:13:04 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,
I have a question about the concept of the CTF data types implementation.

I want to write the packet header and context.

Example:

BinaryCTFWriter writer = new BinaryCTFWriter("F:/kernel"); // Class from
the Javeltrace Project

writer.openStream(0);

PacketInfo packet = new PacketInfo(0,?,?) ;     //PacketInfo(int
steamID,StructDefinition header, StructDefinition context)

writer.openPacket(packet);

How do I create the data(Timestamp begin , Timestamp end etc.) for the
header and context? I dont understand the concept of
StructDefinition/StructDeclaration. Do I need a metadata file for this ?
Or can I write it later ?

Best Regards,

Andre